Because we will be unable to offer everyone a spot at CampOUT! this year, we wanted to share a few awesome LGBTQ2+ focused and/or inclusive programs that our friends and community members are organizing! Check out the links and application dates below:
- Girls Rock Camp Vancouver – July 9-13, Urban Native Youth Association, Vancouver: Girls Rock Camp Vancouver is a project for female identified youth ages 8-17. We provide young women the opportunity to explore, access and create music with the guidance of positive mentors.
- Power of Hope Camp – July 19-26, Linnaea Farm, Cortes Island, BC: Power of Hope strives to bring together a truly diverse group of youth and staff and aims for diversity of all kinds: ethnic, cultural, religious, class, personality, life experience, and more. Gender inclusive cabin option. Cost is sliding scale.
- Queerest and Dearest Family Camp – August 20-24, Camp Artaban, Gambier Island BC: A a 4 night, 5 day long faith based residential camp for LGBTQIA2S+ people and their families – birth families, adoptive families, chosen families, extended families, church families, etc! Accepting leadership and camper applications now.
- Totally Outright – May 19 – 22, Bowen Island: A leadership workshop for young gay, bisexual, trans, and queer guys interested in being healthy, sex-savvy change makers. APPLY NOW
- Troublemakers Film Project – May 30-June 10, SFU Woodwards, Vancouver: Aspiring young filmmakers + changemakers can participate in this free 7-session program to learn filmmaking skills and produce inspirational short documentaries about senior LGBT2Q+ troublemakers.
- Camp Moomba – Camp Elphinstone, Sunshine Coast: For children and youth ages 6 to 17 years old who are living with HIV, or who have a family member living with HIV.
- Camp Ten Trees – August, Seattle, Washington State: Residential camping programs for LGBTQ youth and youth of LGBTQ families.
- IndigenEYEZ Youth Camps – July and August, BC: 7-day gatherings for Indigenous youth 18-30 who want to build their capacity as advocates and protectors for the lands and waters of their territories.
- Polaris – July and August, Camp Fircom, Gambier Island: Ages 13-17. Discover personal strengths, areas for growth, and how to work as members and leaders of a group!
- Sacred Earth Camp – July and August, Coast Salish Territories: A two-week environmental leadership program for Indigenous, Settler and Migrant/People of Colour!
Check out some of the amazing resources we use to inform our work at CampOUT! and some helpful tools so you can get involved too!
Here are links to some of the organizations and services we think are doing great work:
Ambit Gender Diversity Consulting
Children’s Hospital Transgender Resources
Northshore Youth Services Directory
Our City of Colours
Out in Schools
Trans Care BC
Trans Rights BC
Transgender Health Information Program
Here are some PDF links to some really helpful resources you can download:
Aorta Anti-Oppressive Facilitation Resource Zine
Tackling Implicit Bias-Workbook
CALLOut! GSA Manual
CALLOut! Leadership Manual
Online Trans Resource
Staying Safe Online
Tips For Respectful Interaction
Trans Care BC FAQs November 2016
Two-Spirit Resource Directory
Celebrating Gender Diversity – A United Church of Canada Gender Toolkit
Links to youth groups:
Allways – Richmond
Fraser Valley Youth Society
SHER Youth Group: for LGBTQ South Asians and their friends, families and allies in Surrey, BC
Transgender Health Information Program BC Support Groups
Transgender Community Support Groups
Qmunity Youth Program (Gab Youth)
Whatever: A safe, fun, drop-in for LGBTQI2S youth, friends, and allies in West Vancouver