We will be traveling on a BOAT from Horseshoe Bay to Gambier Island! All luggage will be on the deck of the boat so PLEASE pack things in sturdy bags, suitcases, and rubber bins that close properly. If you pack in garbage bags please double bag, label your bags clearly, and bring extra bags for the return trip home.
What to bring:
- Sleeping bag and a fitted twin sheet to cover the vinyl mattress.
- Pillow (or a pillow case and a sweater!)
- Towel (one for bathing and one for swimming)
- Scent free toiletries (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo etc.) * please respect that CampOUT strives to be a scent free environment to be inclusive of folks with severe allergies and sensitivities
- All prescribed medications you will need during camp (to be stored in the Care Cabin)
- Hat (for sun/rain protection)
- Casual clothes for 4 days
- Warm sweater for evenings
- Jacket or rain gear
- Indoor and outdoor footwear (Shoes off in some buildings. Plan for rain and sun and outdoor fun)
- Flashlight & extra batteries
- Insect repellent & after bite
- Swimming clothes
- Poetry, Regalia, musical instrument, costume, or creative supplies for a skill or talent you may choose to share with camp at the Community Showcase!
- Shower shoes
- Ear plugs
- Book/magazine/sketchbook/journal (we will provide a notebook for everyone)
- Sport/recreation equipment
- iPod or similar listening device
What NOT to bring:
- Recreational drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Weapons or sharp objects of any kind
- Electronic devices that may detract from community building and group participation
- Strongly perfumed body products.
- Fancy clothing/shoes or anything of great sentimental or personal value that you don’t want damaged or lost.
- The kitchen sink 😉