We are excited to announce a virtual CampOUT! program called ZoomOUT! for all 2020 camper applicants!
What is ZoomOUT!?
ZoomOUT! is an Out in Schools and CampOUT! collaboration to provide queer, trans, Two-Spirit youth programming during COVID-19 physically distancing restrictions. Of course, because this is CampOUT!, there is no cost for registration or for this program. Our supporters believe that queer, trans, and Two-Spirit youth matter and make it possible for us to create programming for you!
Participants will get to:
- Meet other amazing queer, trans, and Two-Spirit youth and leaders
- Connect with each other in breakout rooms facilitated by camp leaders
- Screen 3 phenomenal films specially curated for CampOUT! youth
- Learn new things
- Find out about LGBTQ2S+ resources and upcoming programs and opportunities
- Feel seen, be inspired, and have some fun!
- Contribute ideas for the CampOUT! education session for your parents and caregivers (“What do you wish your parents/caregiver/service providers knew butwish someone else would teach/tell them?”)
How we will accommodate up to 120 youth online in a meaningful way?
Realistically, in the digital world, we can accommodate a certain number of people in a meaningful way based on the amount of time we can focus on a zoom call for, and the number of volunteer leaders facilitating “breakout rooms”. Age is the arbitrary way we categorize cabin groups at CampOUT to create gender inclusive groupings! So… we are inviting all 2020 camper applicants to register for the sessions based on your ages to keep the group sizes manageable. We hope in the future you will get to be in similar cabin groups at camp together! Until then….
Contact us to register for:
- Ages 18-21: Tuesday June 9 and Thursday June 11, 3:45-6PM
- Ages 14-17: Monday June 15 and Wednesday June 17, 3:45-6PM
In June, we will email a registration link for your parents, caregivers, and other support people to register for a July 6th Parent/Caregiver Webinar led by CampOUT!, Out in Schools, and Trans Care BC and informed by ZoomOUT! participants.
A note on accessibility: we understand that while online spaces are more accessible than face-to-face spaces for some people, they have unique barriers as well. The registration form is an opportunity for us to learn what support folks may need in order to participate. Please follow up with us to let us know how we can support you in participating. Thank you!